Welcome!

Welcome! On this blog you'll find recipes and reviews regarding eating gluten free. Look around, enjoy!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gluten Free Pasta

I've tried several gluten free pastas over the past few months. Most were ok or too mushy for my taste. Growing up my family used to tease me saying that I was actually adopted and in reality I was Italian--that's how much I liked my pasta.

I tried Bionature Gluten Free Pasta a few months ago, and I really liked it. I omit the salt while cooking and rinse it after. It's really good, comparable to gluten-filled pasta. It's a bit pricey, but if you shop around or buy it in bulk you can get a decent price (about 3.50 a bag compared to 4 dollars or more at other grocery stores). I like their spaghetti and fusilli the best. I've made garlic/parmesan pasta, pasta salad, pasta and sauce, a pasta bake and all of come out really good.

Now for my next quest...a good homemade gluten free ravioli or tortillini....

No comments:

Post a Comment